Banana and Caramel Nut Cake.
You can cook Banana and Caramel Nut Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana and Caramel Nut Cake
- You need of granulated sugar (about 1/4 cup) (A).
- You need of water (about 1/2 cup) (A).
- It’s of Grand Marnier.
- It’s of eggs at room temperature.
- It’s of cake flour.
- You need of granulated sugar (1/3 cup) (B).
- You need of milk.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of granulated sugar (C).
- You need of unsalted butter (D).
- It’s of granulated sugar (D).
- You need of water (D).
- It’s of mixed nuts.
Banana and Caramel Nut Cake step by step
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 360F. Place parchment paper on a 9.5 inch × 11 inch square pan. Make a syrup for a cake: In a milk pan, melt the sugar (A) in the water (A) over low heat. When it cools, add the Grand Marnier..
- In a milk pan, put sugar (D) and butter (D) and water (D) over low heat. When it turns a caramel color, turn off the heat and add the nuts. Spread the caramel nuts on parchment paper. Let it cool and when it's rock solid, chop it!.
- In a big bowl. Combine the eggs and sugar (B), and beat it with a electric mixer until it becomes a dense foam..
- Fold in sifted flour with a spatula 1/3 at a time until it's smooth. Add milk and gently mix..
- Pour the batter into the pan. Lift and drop the pan on the counter to pop the air bubbles..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, upside down onto parchment paper. Let it cool..
- Add the sugar (C) to the heavy cream then whip it. Slice the banana..
- Cut the cake and place in a dish. Brush syrup on the cake and cover with whipped cream..
- Place bananas on top. Repeat in layers, scattering caramel nuts on the top..
- Ta-da! Scoop it out as you like!.
- You can also use a cookie cutter and layer the cake like this..
- Or, you can also put it into a small jar. Good for a gift..