Summer cherry cake.
You can have Summer cherry cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Summer cherry cake
- Prepare 110 g (1/2 cup) of groundnut or rapeseed oil.
- Prepare 200 g of (scant cup) sugar, plus 2 tbsp. for sprinkling.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 250 g (2 cups) of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarb of soda.
- You need 160 ml of or 170g (2/3 cup) buttermilk.
- It’s 250 g (1 1/2 cup) of cherries.
Summer cherry cake step by step
- Butter and flour or line with parchment a square tin 20 x 20cm or similar. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3..
- Stone and halve the cherries..
- Mix the oil and sugar in a bowl, add the cinnamon..
- Add the flour and salt and the bicarb of soda and mix in – the mixture will resemble wet sand..
- Add the buttermilk and mix into smooth batter..
- Pour it into the prepared tin and cover with the cherry halves, cut side down..
- Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp. of sugar and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean..
- Cool completely in the tin..